An unusual smell, petroleum odor, or gaseous odor will sometimes accompany pipeline leaks. Natural Gas is colorless, tasteless and odorless unless commercial odorants are added. Sometime described as a "ROTTEN EGG" smell.
What you should DO if a leak occurs:
- DO leave the home, building, or area of the suspected leak, and get to a safe area.
- DO warn others to stay out of the area.
- DO call 911 to notify police and fire officials, from a safe location.
What you should NOT do if a leak occurs:
- DO NOT touch, breathe or make contact with the leak.
- DO NOT light a match, turn light switches on or off, use a cell or home phone, or do anything else to create a spark
- DO NOT attempt to extinguish any fire.
- DO NOT attempt to operate any valves.
CALL 1.800.449.3338, 22.214.171.1248 or 911 from a safe location.
About CMC Gas
It is the vision of Clarke-Mobile Counties Gas District to lead in natural gas service for commercial, industrial and residential needs in south Alabama. CMC Gas serves Clarke, Washington, Choctaw, Escambia, Wilcox, Baldwin and North Mobile counties in Alabama.
CMC Gas sells appliances (Gas Logs, heaters, dryers, lanterns, grills, fire pits, tankless water heaters).
CMC in the Community
Many of CMC Gas Employees volunteer their time as fire fighters in their communities. Many others are involved in local civic organizations, serve through the Chamber of Commerce, serve on rural water boards, participate in events like Relay for Life, serve on nationwide public gas association committees and boards, serve on state gas association committees and boards, and are active in their local places of worship.